Monday, June 15, 2009

Passion Vs Pay

Here I am at 130am in the morning.. peering and yawning at the laptop screen while the rest of the family are fast asleep. Looking at numbers and trying to obtain a meaningful analysis from them so that I can report it in this morning's ops meeting.

I hate this feeling.. and am increasingly feeling resentful working so late in the nite.

Why can't I sleep together with my children like other mummies?

Why must I drag myself up everytime just to finish off my work. My work is like my 2nd life.. i spend close to 90% of my waking hours thinking, breathing and talking about work.

If my work was my passion.. I would feel differently, I believe.
If my work is just about getting that pay every month... then why am I working so hard???

4 comments:

Bee3lious said...

Well Rachel, you are working so hard because you are being responsible =)

Individual's committment in life, sometimes make one finds it hard to realize his/her dreams and passions. And that's why most of us are "trapped" in doing things, we don't like.

Rachel said...

Thank u for your compliments, Laura. It is really hard to juggle both demands from work as well as family.. and I m sure all working mummies agree with me.

I m just wondering how and when i can break through this 'trap'.

Prettilicious said...

Take care sis.........

Egg said...

Reinvent your mind to think of the positive side. Sometimes in life, it all boils down to what we want and how much we are willing to go down the path to achieve it. Hate my work at times too but guess we have to just learn to let go. To leave the laptop in office would be the start and to start buying lottery to aim for the 1st prize could be another. hahahaha..just kidding for the latter. :B