Today, i was asked a series of thought provoking questions that forced me to examine who I really am.
Who am I?
What kind of person are you?
Who do you seek approval from? God? People around me?
Interesting. Self actualization questions indeed. I think it's time to understand myself better. I always thought I do but somehow, my perception of myself is different from what an outsider sees of me.
Why do I constantly want to create an impression on people whom I meet? Instead of being someone whom I think people want me to be, why not be myself? But who am I, really? Who do I want to be?
I want to learn more about myself. Maybe I should start a journey on self discovery.
Do you know who you are?
Who am I?
What kind of person are you?
Who do you seek approval from? God? People around me?
Interesting. Self actualization questions indeed. I think it's time to understand myself better. I always thought I do but somehow, my perception of myself is different from what an outsider sees of me.
Why do I constantly want to create an impression on people whom I meet? Instead of being someone whom I think people want me to be, why not be myself? But who am I, really? Who do I want to be?
I want to learn more about myself. Maybe I should start a journey on self discovery.
Do you know who you are?
1 comment:
At some point in our lives, we will be confronted by these questions, in one form or another.
I believe - from my personal experience - that this is one way by which God invites us to take a "time out", to pray and to think, to discern the direction that our lives are taking.
Have you perhaps reached a plateau in your career and personal life? Are you pondering over where you are headed and the purpose of your achievements?
A good book that I read recently (which I recommended to Nicholas) posed this question in the first chapter ... who you want to be and should be can be answered by this question, "What do I want others to say about me when I pass from this life?" Your answer will then determine your goals and plan of life.
Feel free to dialogue more on this, Rachel. You have my e-mail address.
Post a Comment