I heard this comment last Sun in Nat's music class. It was from one of the boys in the class who was telling another parent that it was his mummy's birthday that day.
While all the other mummies who heard this were wishing her "Happy Birthday", this mummy actually blurted out.. "it's nothing actually. My husband don't even remember my birthday. Even so my son didn't even know it until my mother called this morning and told him". This mummy then went on to say that her husband hasn't remembered her birthday for years.
If she looked disappointed, she sure didn't show it. But, I am pretty sure, deep down inside.. she would have really love it if her husband had remembered this day. Even if it wasn't important to him.
While I am not in the position on their marriage life, personally, I somehow felt sad for her. Her husband, of all people should be the last person on this earth to forget this day. It might be just a date to other people, but as her husband, he should at least make the effort to make her feel special. If he does not even remember this day, I wonder how does he treat her on 'normal' days.
Maybe I am just one of those old-fashioned, romantic sort who love to be pampered by my loved ones. Maybe I am too used to being pampered.
But.. isn't this what a normal relationship should be?
Well, if you decided to marry someone, hoping to work out a future with him/her but yet do not treasure your partner.... it's as good as .... staying single.
If you marry someone but still think mostly about YOURSELF, then you might as well.. stay single!
or rather.. maybe you should just get a pet as your partner for the rest of your life.
1 comment:
Hahaha, I hope that I don't become like that mummy soon to be. My hubby does remember mine but no surprises or presents. Even the dinner/lunch is initiated by myself. He always mentioned, "don't know what you want, pick and I'll pay for it." Quite sad when sometimes little surprises will be great. :P
Post a Comment