During our company monthly Communications Day today, I received the "STAR Award 2009" for Marketing team.
This award is given to staff whom the management and rest of the staff felt has put in the best effort, has the best attitude and shown the most commitment in their work in 2009.
Somehow, I had mixed feelings when I received the plaque.
For all the sacrifices I've made, time, effort, energy, spent in making sure that I always put in my best in my work, the stress I've felt.. I'm given a plaque. On a positive note, I should look at it as an unspoken recognition and appreciation given to an employee. (Actually I can even put it in my resume - as one of the award I've received, to increase my market value!). After the award, people congratulated me, etc.. and straight after that.. it's back to the hectic mad rush day at work again.
But at the same time, I wasn't really sure if I should be that happy. In fact, I had a real stressful day today at work. Just because I am going on leave next week, I suddenly have an accumulated list of tasks to be completed BEFORE I can leave. Not to add couple of 'ad-hoc' discussions and new projects that came in at the 11th hour... and I can't get to sleep now cos I am worried abt the unfinished tasks.. Damn.
If this is what I have to go through for another year just to get that award.. I'd rather give it up.
Well.. shall take one step at a time. Meanwhile.. am looking forward to the trip.. and stay happy while I can!
2 comments:
Congrats sis!!! I think it's very encouraging to receive such award.. v happy for u. But take care though.. =)
Thanks alot, Sis!
Post a Comment