Thursday, October 22, 2009

Finally.. a break at last!

After a month of planning, we've finally decided to take a short break in Siem Reap next week.

Many people asked.. why of all places.. Cambodia? Cos it's a great historical place, cos it has one of the 7 wonders of the world.. cos I just want to... getaway.

I am not keen in shopping.. and squeezing through hordes of crowds and bargain for stuff.

We thought since we seldom travel to 3rd world country.. why not give it a try. I believe it will be an eye opener. Going up the temples of Angkor wat to catch the spectacular sunrise/sunset, Quad Adventure ride through the padi fields and villages, taking Tut Tut around town.. these are just some of the activities that we will be doing. Without the 2 kids around, we are free to do such rare activities. Else, I simply can't imagine luggin them around in that kind of condition.

Will they miss mummy and daddy? Maybe.. maybe not.. told them they will be staying at mamas house next week and they sounded so excited. As if they are going on a holiday too!

Can't wait for my trip! I just pray that the mosquitoes will be kind on us. :p

No comments: